What is good and right about schools today?

We are constantly barraged with books and posts about what is wrong with schools today and what we need to do to fix and change our schools. What if we take a moment to look at what is right about our schools.


Think about the school you work in or a school you went to,
  • what about the institution really "works/worked"?
  • what does/did the school do really well?
  • what do/did the faculty do really well?
  • what is/was most effective about the administration?
  • what are you most proud of?
I believe that, in all of the schools where I have worked and where I have attended, the first priority of the faculty and administration has been to provide the best education possible to all children. I am extremely proud to be part of this true and honest commitment to doing what is right for students. It is the common thread that connects me to great educators around the world.

Perhaps we can learn more from what we are doing right, rather than from focusing on what we need to change. These are my thoughts. I hope you will share yours.

image source: Success from kevinthoule's photostream on Flickr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Lepotao Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.